Bathroom update

We have made a little more progress on the house. It's slow going, but everything we are doing has been well thought out to reflect changes I will be happy with for a while to come (until redecorating urges a few years from now lol)

Main bathroom BEFORE







Main Bathroom AFTER


While the baseboards and doors, ceiling and walls have gotten a fresh coat of paint, and décor has been added, we still have work to do in this room to finish it off. The floors are a vinyl stick on type floor, and I find them to be horrible looking, and for it to be a bit unsanitary to have a vinyl floor (porous) in a bathroom. So once we are ready to get to ceramic work, here is what I have selected.

For the floor: A glazed porcelain "hardwood" looking floor

Currently, the walk-in stand-up shower has hotel looking tiles (little square tiles all over the ceiling, walls and floor) I want to change it to larger/lighter tiles:


I think one of the reasons I hate the tiles so much right now is because they're the same everywhere. I think the floor of the shower should be different than the walls. This is the mosaic pebble looking floor I have chosen.


Overall, it should make the bathroom feel a lot more "clean" and functional to us, and provide more durable surfaces for the family as the kids grow.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

random

Change of plans

New recipe in the house